Drive to discover the dreamy landscapes.
Seatbelts On, Tension Gone
Relax and Drive smoothly
Enjoy the wonderful ride!!! Texts and Calls can wait.
International Driving License in Benin
Exploring Benin is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. For starters, if you’re not from Africa, you’ll find the scenery to be really magnificent. However, due to the poor state of the roads, some travellers claim that getting about Benin will be difficult. Others may see this as a wonderful benefit, because what better way to experience a nation than to immerse yourself in its natural state?
Some Points to remember (Driving License in Benin):
- You have to drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum age limit for driving is 18 years. You can rent a car if you are 21 years or more.
- Keep your documents with you all times like passport, driving license, IDP and car rental documents.
- Traffic lights and stop signs are merely found. Stay extra vigilant on traffic signals to avoid any mishaps.
- The maximum speed limits in urban areas is 50km/h and around 90 km/h in villages.
- Try to maintain some extra distance from the cars as people can stop wherever they like.
- People are mostly aggressive drivers. You will need to drive with conviction and vigilance.
- Keep an open eye for wandering cattle and stray animals.
- Do not drink and drive.
Our tips to make you a happy traveler: Driving In Benin
Benin is a country known for its conservatism. Without legal authorization from the government, you are not permitted to photograph government offices or military zones. Also, if you want to photograph your arrival at the airport, you may forget about it because it is prohibited. If you want to snap pictures of Beninese people, you should first get their permission, as some locals believe strange things about being captured.
Benin’s climate is hot and humid throughout the year, with tropical weather.. Pack your bags according to that. Happy Travelling!!!
Drive as much as you want and wherever you want with International Driving License
Your IDP is a legal form of identification in more than 150 countries around the world, and it includes your name, profile picture, and driving information in the world’s 12 most generally spoken languages, making it understandable to most local officials and authorities.
It translates your identity information into 12 languages, so it can communicate with the authorities even if you don’t speak the language. An International Driving Permit is highly recommended in Benin. Get Your License Right Away!!