Dream, Drive and Discover peace
Seatbelts On, Tension Gone
Don’t forget to wave at locals
Use Google Maps for directions
All You need to know about International Driving License Bahrain
The Kingdom of Bahrain is eagerly awaiting your arrival. Explore world heritage sites as well as stunning modern architecture. To get the most out of your trip, travel throughout Bahrain in your own car. Make sure you’re prepared for driving by knowing some of the country’s driving laws.
Some Points to remember: International Driving License Bahrain
- You have to drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum age limit for driving is 18 years. You can rent a car if you are 21 years or more.
- Keep your documents with you all times like passport, driving license, IDP and car rental documents.
- Seatbelts are a must.
- Children under the age of 12 should not be seated at the passenger seat.
- You have to overtake from right while driving side is left.
- You can overtake a vehicle from the left side.
- It is illegal to drink and drive in Bahrain.
- In Bahrain, you must not use your telephone while driving unless you are using handsfree.
- In urban areas, the speed limit is 60 km/h, 80 km/h on rural roads, and 120 km/h on most expressways.
- Inside the car, no eating, drinking, or smoking is permitted. You’ll have to pay a fine!
- In a roundabout, give way to cars on the inside.
Weather Extremes of Bahrain:
Drive as much as you want and wherever you want with International Driving License
Your IDP is a legal form of identification in more than 150 countries around the world, and it includes your name, profile picture, and driving information in the world’s 12 most generally spoken languages, making it understandable to most local officials and authorities.
It translates your identity information into 12 languages, so it can communicate with the authorities even if you don’t speak the language. An International Driving Permit is highly recommended in Bahrain. Get Your License Right Away!!