You need to drive on the Left side of the road.
Follow all road signs and speed limits mentioned.
Good News!!The minimum age limit for driving is 17 years.
Relax and Drive!!UK locals are really helpful and patient.
All you need to know about driving in United Kingdom
Are you looking for having some fun? If so, United Kingdom is your dream destination. Because there are literally hundreds of fantastic things to do in UK, You will need a proper plan to make the most of the limited time. Get behind wheels and explore this gigantic beauty. Don’t forget to pack the essentials!! Happy Travelling…….
Important Reminders: Guide To Driving In United Kingdom
- You have to drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum age limit for driving is 18 years. You can rent a car if you are 21 years or more.
- Keep your documents with you all times like passport, driving license, IDP and car rental documents.
- If you get pulled over by the police for a traffic violation, you will be given a penalty notice and given 21 days to submit the fine at the nearby police station.
- The maximum speed limits in cities is 50km/h and 80 km/h in rural areas and 100 km/h on highways. If you’re found driving faster than the speed limit, you could face a fine of €40 to €4,000, depending on the exceeding speed limit. If the crime is committed between the hours of 10 p.m. and 7 a.m., the fine is increased by 30%.
- You can overtake a vehicle from the right side.
- The majority of speed restrictions are denoted with black numbers on a white circle with a red border. The National Speed Limit, a sort of “default” speed limit marked by a basic white circular sign with a black diagonal stripe, is an exception. In the United Kingdom, speed limits and distance signs are always expressed in miles.
- Always be aware of your surroundings. To avoid accidents, strictly respect the road signs. There is a three-color lighting system in operation. The importance of road signs in guiding you while driving cannot be overstated.
- In UK, you must not use your telephone while driving.
You will need an International Driving License in order to drive.Note there are two types of driving Licenses in the UK. One is for Manual cars and other one is for automatic Cars. You can drive automatic cars with Manual License but not the other way around.
Our tip to make your day:
There is a speeding culture in the United Kingdom. Popular beliefs include that “driving 10 percent over the speed limit is legal” (although it isn’t formally, but is in practice due to the necessity to account for speedometer and detecting equipment error). On a practical level, this means that on routes with higher speed restrictions, you should avoid driving too slowly.
The climate in the United Kingdom is mild. This means that Britain experiences cool, rainy winters and warm, rainy summers. It is rarely subjected to the extremes of heat or cold, drought, or wind found in other regions. The weather is also extremely unpredictable.
Drive as much you want and wherever you want with international driving license
Your IDP is a legal form of identification in more than 150 countries around the world, and it includes your name, portrait, and driving information in the world’s 12 most generally spoken languages, making it understandable to most local officials and authorities. It translates your identity information into 12 languages, so it can communicate with the authorities even if you don’t speak the language. An International Driving Permit is highly recommended in United Kingdom. Dream, Drive , Discover