3 modes of Happiness:
Dream, Drive, Discover
Wear Seatbelts and be tension-free
Drive Slow and drive safe
The jagged mountain peaks are treacherous
All You need to know about driving in Egypt
Are you ready for a historical trip? If yes, then this is the time to pack your bags and drive through the rich cultural lands with amazing mosques and beautiful shrines. Don’t forget to pack the essentials. Happy Travelling……
Things to Remember : driving in Egypt
- Bring your valid driver’s license, passport, and International Drivers Permit with you (IDP).
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- Seatbelts are mandatory.
- You can use use your phone without holding it in your hands. Unless you’re using a hands-free phone, put it aside.
- In Afghanistan, the minimum age to drive and rent an automobile is 18 years old.
- Drinking is not allowed while driving.
- In Afghanistan, speed limits are 50 km/h in cities.
Our Tip to make the best of your time:
- Not every city, town, or village is unsafe.
- Not every city, town, or village is safe
- Some parts of the country are completely No-Go areas for westerners.
- Talk to the locals and Afghan army to learn about the situation in the area you’re driving through in Afghanistan.
- Make sure you know which communities on your route are pro-Taliban. These should be avoided at all costs, and you should not stop there.
- You must be cautious of side road mines while driving in Afghanistan. Don’t simply pull over to the side of the road to pee. Remember, peeing in public is considered unethical in Afghanistan. Also, side road mines are extremely dangerous. Despite the presence of demining vehicles on Afghanistan’s key roadways, road mines can be planted immediately after the demining vehicles pass.
Summers in Afghanistan are extremely hot with scorching sun. Keep water bottles and soft drinks in your car. Thank us later!!!
Drive as much as you want and wherever you want with International Driving License
Your IDP is a legal form of identification in more than 150 countries around the world, and it includes your name, profile picture, and driving information in the world’s 12 most generally spoken languages, making it understandable to most local officials and authorities.
It translates your identity information into 12 languages, so it can communicate with the authorities even if you don’t speak the language. An International Driving Permit is highly recommended in Egypt. Get Your License Right Away!!