Drive to discover the beautiful landscapes.
Seatbelts On, Tension Gone
Relax and Drive smoothly
Enjoy the wonderful ride!!! Texts and Calls can wait.
International Driving License in Burkina Faso
Driving details about Burkina Faso
This gem is surrounded by many African countries and is a spot where various places can be found. Burkina Faso is a landlocked country bordered on the southwest by the Ivory Coast, on the south by Togo and Ghana, on the northeast by Niger, on the southeast by Benin, and on the northwest by Mali. Yes, your vocation will be even more exciting than before, so relax and get your IDP while planning your trip ahead of time!
Some Points to remember(Driving License in Burkina Faso):
- You have to drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum age limit for driving is 18 years. You can rent a car if you are 21 years or more.
- Keep your documents with you all times like passport, driving license, IDP and car rental documents.
- Traffic lights and stop signs are merely found. Stay extra vigilant on traffic signals to avoid any mishaps.
- Speed limits are merely enforced.
- Try to maintain some extra distance from the cars as people can stop wherever they like.
- People are mostly aggressive drivers. You will need to drive with conviction and vigilance.
- Keep an open eye for wandering cattle and stray animals.
- Do not drink and drive.
Our tips to make you a safe traveler:
Aside from the dangerous driving conditions, bandits and thieves are a constant menace to everyone travelling. Always keep your windows rolled up, doors secured, and nothing on the back seat of your car when it’s parked.
Burkina Faso has a dry tropical climate with a short wet season and a long dry season.
Drive as much as you want and wherever you want with International Driving License
Your IDP is a legal form of identification in more than 150 countries around the world, and it includes your name, profile picture, and driving information in the world’s 12 most generally spoken languages, making it understandable to most local officials and authorities.
It translates your identity information into 12 languages, so it can communicate with the authorities even if you don’t speak the language. An International Driving Permit is highly recommended in Burkina Faso. Get Your License Right Away!!