Dream, Drive and Discover serenity
Seatbelts On, Tension Gone
Drive slow, Drive safe
Use Google Maps for directions
Driving License in Bulgaria
All You need to know about driving in Bulgaria
It’s not enough to know the directions and tourist destinations when driving as a tourist in another country; you also need to know the driving rules. Your Bulgarian driving will be much easier with an International Driver’s Permit.
Furthermore, Bulgaria’s outstanding road conditions and American-style driving make it a carefree driving destination, which is ideal because everyone wants to be carefree on vacation!
Some Points to remember: Driving License in Bulgaria
- You have to drive on the right side of the road and overtake from the left.
- The minimum age limit for driving is 18 years. You can rent a car if you are 21 years or more.
- Keep your documents with you all times like passport, driving license, IDP and car rental documents.
- If you get pulled over by the police for a traffic violation, you will be given a penalty notice and given 21 days to submit the fine at the nearby police station.
- The maximum speed limits in cities is 50km/h and 90 km/h in rural areas and 150 km/h on highways.
- Vehicles approaching from the right have the right of way at intersections.
- In Bulgaria, it is illegal to drink and drive.
- In Bulgaria, you must not use your telephone while driving.
There are no toll roads in Bulgaria, however if you drive outside of the city, you must have a vignette sticker. A vignette sticker is normally found on the lower right corner of the windshield in rental automobiles. We recommend you to check it beforehand.
Bulgaria is divided into two climate zones: the north has a continental climate, while the south has a Mediterranean climate. The Mediterranean climate of the country has hot and dry summers and chilly winters.
Drive as much as you want and wherever you want with International Driving License
Your IDP is a legal form of identification in more than 150 countries around the world, and it includes your name, profile picture, and driving information in the world’s 12 most generally spoken languages, making it understandable to most local officials and authorities.
It translates your identity information into 12 languages, so it can communicate with the authorities even if you don’t speak the language. An International Driving Permit is highly recommended in Bulgaria. Get Your License Right Away!!