Drive slow, Drive safe
Relax and put on your Seatbelts
Avoid using Screens as wild animals in Botswana are a sight to behold.
Always drive yourself as Botswana is extremely expensive
International Driving License in Botswana
All You need to know about driving in Botswana
Find out the criteria for an International Driver’s License, also known as an International Driving Permit in Botswana, as you plan your African safari. Check out the official page of the International License UK for a trustworthy application site. It contains thorough information as well as a tutorial on how to get an IDP. Happy Travelling…….
Things to Remember(Driving License in Botswana) :
- Bring your valid driver’s license, passport, and International Drivers Permit with you (IDP).
- Drive on the left side of the road.
- Seatbelts are mandatory.
- You can use use your phone without holding it in your hands. Unless you’re using a hands-free phone, put it aside.
- In Botswana, the minimum age to drive and rent an automobile is 18 years old.
- At gatherings, drink responsibly! In Botswana, the legal limit for driving is 60 milligrams of alcohol per 100 milliliters of blood.
- In Botswana, speed limits are 30-50 km/h in cities, 60 km/h in rural regions, and 120 km/h on highways.
- Registered drivers who drink an alcoholic beverage and then attempt to drive a car will face penalties. In this African Safari, the legal BAC level is 0.08 percent per 100 milligrammes of blood.
Our Tip to make the best of your time: Driving In Botswana
Avoid driving at night. Elephants and donkeys are rarely encountered throughout the day. Those driving at night, though, are more likely to come across them. Local authorities in Botswana do not recommend that people drive in the dark. It is hazardous and prone to mishaps.
Botswana has a semi-arid climate. Despite the fact that it is hot and dry for the majority of the year, there is a rainy season that occurs throughout the summer months. Rainfall is variable, unexpected, and very regional in nature.
Drive as much as you want and wherever you want with International Driving License
Your IDP is a legal form of identification in more than 150 countries around the world, and it includes your name, portrait, and driving information in the world’s 12 most generally spoken languages, making it understandable to most local officials and authorities. It translates your identity information into 12 languages, so it can communicate with the authorities even if you don’t speak the language. An International Driving Permit is highly recommended in Botswana.