Definitely watch out Traffic Signs and Lights.
Must carry a self-test breathalyzer kit
Leave sooner, drive slower, live longer.
Be on the right track in road journey and life journey
All You need to know about driving in Turkey
Whether you want to soak up the Byzantine and Ottoman splendors of Istanbul on a city break, relax on the beach, delve into history by wandering through sites like Ephesus, or witness some of the world’s most bizarre panoramas in Pamukkale and Cappadocia, this country has something for everyone. The best way to explore Turkey is by taking a drive across the beautiful lands.
Some Points to remember:
- You have to drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum age limit for driving is 18 years. You can rent a car if you are 21 years or more.
- Keep your documents with you all times like passport, driving license, IDP and car rental documents.
- Seatbelts are a must.
- Children under the age of 12 should not be seated at the passenger seat.
- If you get pulled over by the police for a traffic violation, you will be given a penalty notice and given 21 days to submit the fine at the nearby police station.
- It is illegal to drink and drive in Turkey.
- In Turkey, you must not use your telephone while driving unless you are using handsfree.
Best thing about Turkey: Driving in Turkey
Turkey is well-known for not just its geopolitical location, but also for having four distinct climates, known as Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter, which reflect the fact that Turkey experiences all four seasons. Every season has a unique climatic type that creates a wonderful mood for guests.
Fly on the road with Foreign Driving License
Your IDP is a legal form of identification in more than 150 countries around the world, and it includes your name, profile picture, and driving information in the world’s 12 most generally spoken languages, making it understandable to most local officials and authorities.
It translates your identity information into 12 languages, so it can communicate with the authorities even if you don’t speak the language. An International Driving Permit is highly recommended in Turkey. Get Your License Right Away!!