You have to drive on the left-hand side of the road
Drive slow to enjoy the beautiful scenery
Relax and Drive smoothly
Enjoy the wonderful ride!!! Texts and Calls can wait.
Best Guide to Driving in Tajikistan
License Protocols in Tajikistan
Tajikistan has almost comparable driving laws to the rest of the world, and because they drive on the right side of the road, most Americans and Westerners would have little difficulty adjusting. Tajikistan, on the other hand, is not at all like the United States or Western countries. The vast steppes formed the rules, as well as much of their driving behavior. Their legislators have given considerable care to the special needs of the local and international drivers.
Some Points to remember: Driving in Tajikista
- You have to drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum age limit for driving is 18 years. You can rent a car if you are 21 years or more.
- Keep your documents with you all times like passport, driving license, IDP and car rental documents.
- If you get pulled over by the police for a traffic violation, you will be given a penalty notice and given 21 days to submit the fine at the nearby police station.
- The maximum speed limits in cities is 50km/h and 80 km/h in rural areas and 100 km/h on highways..
- You can overtake a vehicle from the right side.
- In Tajikistan, it is illegal to drink and drive.
- In Tajikistan, you must not use your telephone while driving.
Our Tips for driving in Tajikistan:
Drive as much as you want and wherever you want with International Driving License
Your IDP is a legal form of identification in more than 150 countries around the world, and it includes your name, portrait, and driving information in the world’s 12 most generally spoken languages, making it understandable to most local officials and authorities. It translates your identity information into 12 languages, so it can communicate with the authorities even if you don’t speak the language. An International Driving Permit is highly recommended in Tajikistan. Dream, Drive , Discover