Dream, Drive and Discover serenity
Seatbelts On, Tension Gone
Drive slow, Drive safe
Use Google Maps for directions
All You need to know about driving in Seychelles
If you want to explore the real beauty of Seychelles, You should take a drive in the island. Driving in the island allows you to explore at your own leisure and wander a bit in the landscapes (if you’re feeling daring).
Furthermore, Seychelles’ outstanding road conditions make it a carefree driving destination, which is ideal because everyone wants to be carefree on vacation!
Some Points to remember: Driving in Seychelles
- You have to drive on the left side of the road.
- Seychelles minimum age to drive is 21 compared to USA where the age is 18 so in case you have a license issued before your 21 years of age, you won`t be allowed to rent a car.
- Keep your documents with you all times like passport, driving license, IDP and car rental documents.
- If you get pulled over by the police for a traffic violation, you will be given a penalty notice and given 21 days to submit the fine at the nearby police station.
- The maximum speed limits in cities is 40km/h and 65 km/h in rural areas.
- Keep an eye open for stray animals like donkeys and goats.
- In Seychelles, it is illegal to drink and drive.
- In Seychelles, you must not use your telephone while driving.
- Seychelles’ highway police keep a close eye on lawbreakers. If you are caught breaking any of the following traffic rules, you may face severe fines. It’s crucial to note that, in addition to Seychelles traffic restrictions, our insurance company needs that you be at least 21 years old and that your driver’s licence was granted at least a year ago.
Our Tip: Driving in Seychelles
Seychelles’ roadways are narrow, with hairpin bends and steep hilly slopes. Many roads do not have street lights, making driving after dusk problematic. The cars accessible in Seychelles are also not equipped with GPS navigation, which is why driving in Seychelles at night is not recommended.
Follow these guidelines to ensure a safe driving experience in the Seychelles. Make sure you obtain International driving License together with your Seychelles visa before you plan your vacation.
The climate in the Seychelles is tropical, with daily temperatures ranging from 24 to 30 degrees Celsius (75 to 86 degrees Fahrenheit). Throughout the year, the ocean temperature remains approximately 26 °C (79 °F). The temperature in the Seychelles rarely drops below 20 °C (68 °F) even in the early morning hours.
Avoid visiting Aruba in hurricanes season. The best time to visit Aruba is from April to August.
Drive as much as you want and wherever you want with International Driving License
Your IDP is a legal form of identification in more than 150 countries around the world, and it includes your name, profile picture, and driving information in the world’s 12 most generally spoken languages, making it understandable to most local officials and authorities.
It translates your identity information into 12 languages, so it can communicate with the authorities even if you don’t speak the language. An International Driving Permit is highly recommended in Seychelles. Get Your License Right Away!!