Forget screens and enjoy the natural beauty
Discover beautiful landscapes with your loved ones
Drive and discover history of the beautiful lands
Enjoy the trip by keeping your vehicle under speed limits.
Enjoy Driving in Qatar
Qatar, as one of the world’s wealthiest countries, lives up to its name. It not only has a high Human Development Index, but it also has a plethora of renowned locations and attractions that help to make Qatar a globally recognized country. If you’re planning a trip to Qatar anytime soon, here are some of the important driving laws to take notes of:.
Some Points to remember: Driving in Qatar
- You have to drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum age limit for driving is 18 years. You can rent a car if you are 21 years or more.
- Keep your documents with you all times like passport, driving license, IDP and car rental documents.
- If you get pulled over by the police for a traffic violation, you will be given a penalty notice and given 21 days to submit the fine at the nearby police station.
- The maximum speed limits in cities is 50km/h and 80 km/h in rural areas and 100 km/h on highways..
- You can overtake a vehicle from the left side.
- In Qatar, it is illegal to drink and drive. Remember, being a Muslim country Liquors are forbidden in Iran, so expect harsh penalties if you drink and drive. If they suspect you of drinking, you will be asked to take a breath test, and if you refuse, you will be punished according to Qatar’s Islamic Penal Code. If you want to have a relaxing holiday, you should never bring any alcoholic beverages or liquor chocolates into the nation.
- In Qatar, you must not use your telephone while driving.
Our Tip: Driving in Qatar
The authorities in Qatar are particularly strict when it comes to traffic laws. As a result, you’ll need to make sure you’re licensed to drive there.
Qatar’s climate is desert-like. Summers in the country last from May to September and are marked by strong dry heat with temperatures exceeding 45°C. Winters are pleasant, however temperatures can drop below 5°C.
Have fun on your journey and stay safe!
Fly on the road with Foreign Driving License
Your IDP is a legal form of identification in more than 150 countries around the world, and it includes your name, portrait, and driving information in the world’s 12 most generally spoken languages, making it understandable to most local officials and authorities. It translates your identity information into 12 languages, so it can communicate with the authorities even if you don’t speak the language. An International Driving Permit is highly recommended in Qatar. Dream, Drive , Discover