Forget screens and enjoy the natural beauty
Discover beautiful landscapes with your loved ones
Drive with Care and Courage.
Enjoy the trip by keeping your vehicle under speed limits.
Enjoy Driving in Maldives
Traveling in style, such as by renting a car from one of the automobile rental businesses, entails a significant amount of responsibility. The most important things for a driver to remember are procedure, traffic road safety standards, and reacting to the condition of each route. Maldives’s law enforcement has been more strict than before. This country has a lot of random checkpoints and country borders. Tourists in Indonesia are strongly advised to adhere to the rules in order to avoid getting into problems.
Some Points to remember:
- You have to drive on the left side of the road.
- The minimum age limit for driving is 18 years. You can rent a car if you are 21 years or more.
- Keep your documents with you all times like passport, driving license, IDP and car rental documents.
- If you get pulled over by the police for a traffic violation, you will be given a penalty notice and given 21 days to submit the fine at the nearby police station.
- The maximum speed limits in cities is 50km/h and 80 km/h in rural areas and 100 km/h on highways..
- You can overtake a vehicle from the right side.
- In Maldives, it is illegal to drink and drive.
- In Maldives, you must not use your telephone while driving.
Weather Conditions: Driving In Maldives
The Maldives, which are located near the equator, have a tropical climate that is hot and humid all year, with distinct wet and dry seasons. Between December and April, rainfall quantities are at their lowest, while sunlight hours are at their longest.
Have fun on your journey and stay safe!
Fly on the road with Foreign Driving License
Your IDP is a legal form of identification in more than 150 countries around the world, and it includes your name, portrait, and driving information in the world’s 12 most generally spoken languages, making it understandable to most local officials and authorities. It translates your identity information into 12 languages, so it can communicate with the authorities even if you don’t speak the language. An International Driving Permit is highly recommended in Maldives. Dream, Drive , Discover