Dream, Drive and Discover serenity
Seatbelts On, Tension Gone
Don’t forget to wave at locals
Use Google Maps for directions
Guide To Driving In Fiji
All You need to know about driving in Fiji
If you’re looking for a true retreat and dreaming about your next tropical vacation, Fiji is the place to go. These postcard-perfect islands have white sand beaches, vivid coral reefs, and lush woods. Fiji is a tremendously diverse country, and the locals hold ceremonial and cultural customs in high regard. You’ll also enjoy Indo-Fijian cuisine, which uses ingredients from the South Pacific.
Some Points to remember:
- You have to drive on the left side of the road.
- You need to buy tickets for parking.
- The minimum age limit for driving is 18 years. You can rent a car if you are 21 years or more.
- Keep your documents with you all times like passport, driving license, IDP and car rental documents.
- Seatbelts are a must.
- Children under the age of 10 should not be seated at the passenger seat.
- If you get pulled over by the police for a traffic violation, you will be given a penalty notice and given 21 days to submit the fine at the nearby police station.
- It is illegal to drink and drive in Fiji.
- In Fiji, you must not use your telephone while driving unless you are using handsfree.
Our Tip to make your trip memorable:
In Fiji, there are mixed reviews about driving. Driving in Fiji has been described as a pleasurable and thrilling experience by some people, while others have described it difficult due to broken roads, speed bumps, and other hazards. When driving in Fiji, be mindful of potential road risks such as animal crossings. People also walk on the side of the road due to the absence of walkways. It’s wise to plan your road trip ahead of time, and don’t forget to have fun.
Summers in Fiji are hot and overcast; winters are pleasant and partially cloudy; and the weather is damp and windy all year.
Drive as much as you want and wherever you want with International Driving License
Your IDP is a legal form of identification in more than 150 countries around the world, and it includes your name, profile picture, and driving information in the world’s 12 most generally spoken languages, making it understandable to most local officials and authorities.
It translates your identity information into 12 languages, so it can communicate with the authorities even if you don’t speak the language. An International Driving Permit is highly recommended in Fiji. Get Your License Right Away!!