Hurray!! There are no toll roads in Cayman Islands
Stay calm and fasten your Seatbelts.
Relax and Drive smoothly
Enjoy the wonderful ride!!! Texts and Calls can wait.
Best Guide to driving in cayman islands
Driving Rules in Cayman Islands
- You will need to drive on the left hand side of the road.
- Seat belts must be worn at all times by the driver and passengers in the front seat. It’s a requirement.
- Locals and expats driving in island must be 18 years old to drive.
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to sit in the front passenger seat adjacent to the driver.
- The legal limit for blood alcohol is 0.100 percent (100mg of alcohol in 100ml of blood).
- It is permissible and lawful to turn left on a red light after coming to a complete stop.
- Unless you’re utilizing a hands-free set, using a cell phone while driving is definitely prohibited.
- Always drive clockwise around a roundabout and give way to traffic arriving from the right. When you’re on a roundabout, don’t come to a halt to let automobiles in from the left. Keep an eye out for vehicles in the right lane. They have the right of way.
- Fog lights are prohibited.
- Good news!!! There is no parking fee in Cayman Islands. Parking slots are easily available too.
Best thing about Cayman Islands:
Grand Cayman is also home to the most vibrant nightlife in the Cayman Islands. Get ready to have loads of fun!!!
Best time to visit Cayman Islands:
Between March and June, when hotel costs are lowest, is the best time to visit the Cayman Islands. The islands are consistently warm throughout the year, with average highs in the 80s and average lows in around 60s.
Drive as much as you want and wherever you want with International Driving License
Your IDP is a legal form of identification in more than 150 countries around the world, and it includes your name, profile picture, and driving information in the world’s 12 most generally spoken languages, making it understandable to most local officials and authorities.
It translates your identity information into 12 languages, so it can communicate with the authorities even if you don’t speak the language. An International Driving Permit is highly recommended in Cayman Islands. Get Your License Right Away!!