Drive to discover the dreamy landscapes.
Seatbelts On, Tension Gone
Relax and Drive smoothly
Enjoy the wonderful ride!!! Texts and Calls can wait.
Guide to Driving In Angola
Are you looking for a peaceful destination with amazing views? Don’t search any further. Angola has merged as a new tourist friendly country.
Some Points to remember of Driving In Angola:
- You have to drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum age limit for driving is 18 years. You can rent a car if you are 21 years or more.
- Keep your documents with you all times like passport, driving license, IDP and car rental documents.
- Traffic lights and stop signs are merely found. Stay extra vigilant on traffic signals to avoid any mishaps.
- The maximum speed limits in urban areas is 40km/h and around 100 km/h in villages.
- Try to maintain some extra distance from the cars as people can stop wherever they like.
- People are mostly aggressive drivers. You will need to drive with conviction and vigilance.
- Keep an open eye for wandering cattle and stray animals.
- Main roads have heavy traffic. Plan your day considering the traffic on the roads.
Our tips to make you a happy traveler:
Try to avoid driving in rainy season as you may encounter a lot of potholes, causing damage to the rented cars.
Summers are extremely humid and winters are quite dry. Pack your bags according to that. Happy Travelling!!!
Drive as much as you want and wherever you want with International Driving License
Your IDP is a legal form of identification in more than 150 countries around the world, and it includes your name, profile picture, and driving information in the world’s 12 most generally spoken languages, making it understandable to most local officials and authorities.
It translates your identity information into 12 languages, so it can communicate with the authorities even if you don’t speak the language. An International Driving Permit is highly recommended in Angola. Get Your License Right Away!!