Move Fast but follow the Rules.
Drive on the left side of the Road.
Stay calm and put your seatbelts on.
Stay tension free about filling up the tank as petrol stations are in abundance.
All You need to know about Bahamas International Drivers License
With International Driving License, you can plan your sightseeing and learn more about the greatest locations to visit on these beautiful islands.
Some Points to remember of Bahamas International Drivers License:
- You have to drive on the left side of the road.
- The minimum age limit for driving is 17 years.
- Keep your documents with you all times like passport, driving license, IDP and car rental documents.
- Seatbelts are a must.
- Be on the lookout for pedestrians who may step onto the road at any time, regardless of traffic.
- Children under the age of 10 should not be seated at the passenger seat.
- It is illegal to drink and drive in Bahamas.
- In Bahamas, you must not use your telephone while driving unless you are using handsfree.
- It is unlawful for anyone to drive a motor vehicle on a road at a speed that exceeds the posted speed limit for that road. Cars must go at a speed of 20 mph in congested regions and 45 mph outside of congested areas. On open roads, the speed limit for buses with more than twenty passengers and motor trucks is 30 mph.
- During and after rainstorms, road flooding is common in numerous regions, including Nassau and Freeport. Drivers should be on the lookout for construction zones that aren’t clearly indicated or are inadequately defined.
Our Tip to make your trip memorable:
Tiny crimes such as pickpocketing, snatch-and-grab, and other thefts are also conceivable. As a result, expect increased police presence and check points. Even at the beach, keep your valuables hidden, only keep your essentials with you, and don’t leave your items unattended.
Weather Extremes of Bahamas International Drivers License:
Fly on the road with Foreign Driving License
Your IDP is a legal form of identification in more than 150 countries around the world, and it includes your name, profile picture, and driving information in the world’s 12 most generally spoken languages, making it understandable to most local officials and authorities.
It translates your identity information into 12 languages, so it can communicate with the authorities even if you don’t speak the language. An International Driving Permit is highly recommended in Bahamas. Get Your International Driving License in Bahamas Right Away!!